CCAFS is seeking Regional Facilitators for West Africa, Eastern Africa and the Indo-Gangetic Plains. The Regional Facilitators will be hosted by CGIAR centres operating in the regions, and will be employed through the host Centre
Locations: Niamey, Niger; Nairobi, Kenya; Delhi, India
Ideal candidates should have the following attributes:
- At least 5 years relevant experience in the agricultural systems of the region; preferably with a PhD.
- Experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders within the region, from local to regional level.
- Evidence of the ability to foster outcomes and impacts from research
- Experience in fostering teamwork and collaborative cross-disciplinary approaches using facilitation techniques
- Experience, and credible scientific outputs, in any of the topics that CCAFS deals with
- Experience with managing budgets and people
- Evidence of fund-raising at regional level
- Fluency in English (and French for West Africa) is required; proficiency in one of regional languages is desirable
Deadline: February 20, 2010